Ursuline Academy of Dallas – Campus Master Plan
Founded in 1874, this school is a private Catholic college preparatory high school for young women, located on a park-like 26 acres in north Dallas. The leadership of the Academy recognized that the growth of the student body (to 800), coupled with a limited land mass, aging physical plant, and evolving sophistication of curriculum, brought a need for long-range planning. A time horizon of 20 years was established, and initiatives were prioritized and sequenced into shorter phases for implementation. Key recommendations included a new science and technology wing, conversion of the old gymnasium for performing arts, relocation of the convent, and creation of an outdoor athletics complex.