Meet Marisa Dominguez, an 11th generation San Antonian! Marisa graduated from Texas A&M University with a Bachelor’s in Environmental Design and received her Master’s of Architecture from the University of Texas at San Antonio. Marisa joined the GFF Dallas Office in 2021 as a Team Member in the Reyes Studio. Read below to learn more about Marisa!
Portrait of a GFFer: Marisa Dominguez
- I worked for Habitat for Humanity in San Antonio for four and a half years. It gave me confidence in public speaking and in handling construction tools. The men pictured with me above were my mentors and grew to be my family.
- I’m a military brat and was born in Fort Campbell, Kentucky. I consider both El Paso and San Antonio my home. Traveling is in my bones!
- I studied abroad in Italy for my undergrad and again in grad school (for only two weeks then got sent back due to COVID, still not over it).
- I traveled for two weeks in Japan. It’s one of my favorite places so far!
- My entire family are nurses. They tried to get me on board, but it didn’t take; however, I believe it’s my foundation for loving health and wellness in architecture.
- Growing up I wanted to be a fashion designer, author, and chef. No idea how chef got in there. I’m horrible at cooking.
- I have a personal blog where I like to think I’m good at poetry and writing, but mostly only my family follows, so that should tell you something.
- My favorite movie trilogy is the Lord of the Rings, next the Matrix. I’m not really picky, just give me a good action movie.
- I played multiple sports in high school, but I really wish I had joined the chess club, or if we had a ping pong club, that would’ve been awesome!
- My family likes to stay active and run annual 5k Jingle Bell and Turkey Trots. The ongoing joke is that we’re training for a marathon, just don’t ask when it is.