Northwest Bible Church Masterplan
Since 1954, Northwest Bible Church has been a spiritual anchor at the corner of the North Dallas Tollway and Northwest Highway. The campus was “built as growth dictated, largely without the provision of a master plan.” The campus consisted of approximately 11.5 acres with more than nine separate, distinct buildings and adjacent parking lots. Many of the buildings were not connected and members were exposed to the elements when traveling between buildings. The Campus lacks a sense of hierarchy and visitors are often confused where they are or where the main entrance is.
Northwest Bible Church is poised to develop into a Campus of welcome, graciousness and respite, properly conveying the core values and doctrine of the Church in an architectural setting of beauty, harmony and delight. The proposed plan promotes a place that is warm and welcoming which speaks to good stewardship of resources and sustainability. It conveys a sense of environmental husbandry to God’s creation through sunshine, water, flowers, and trees and nurtures the spirit and soul.