Built in 1928 as a medical office tower and retail center, Jefferson Tower has anchored Oak Cliff’s main street, Jefferson Boulevard, for 85 years. The 8-story tower occupies the center of the block between Bishop and Madison Avenues and is flanked by 2-story wings on either side which have over the years served as home for grocery and drug stores, restaurants, and a Sears department store. The tower was substantially renovated in 2006, and its lobby and elevators will be upgraded as a part of GFF’s work. The retail wings will receive a complete exterior renovation to restore the facades to their original condition, including new high-performance glazing systems. The first floor of both wings, which have been largely vacant for a number of years, will once again contain a diverse mix of retail and restaurant venues. The second floor of both wings will be converted into live/work residential lofts, bringing a new vibrancy to the historic structure. The renovation is scheduled to be complete in early 2014.