First United Methodist Church of Dallas
Implementation of the new master plan for First United Methodist Church in Downtown Dallas recaptures a “heart” for the facilities. Originally constructed in 1924, the historic church at Ross and Harwood has been added to and renovated numerous times in the church’s history. Though historically significant, the building does not carry a Landmark designation. The creation of a new gathering space in an original courtyard links together different floor levels and simplifies pedestrian flow and movement throughout the church complex. The almost 50,000 SF project included 13,000 SF of new construction and 37,000 SF of renovated space. The skylit atrium space in the center of the facilities seats approximately 250 for dinners and other gatherings. From this new heart the entire campus complex is accessible and much more welcoming. The project received a 2015 Faith and Form Award.