Embarcadero Building – Fair Park
One of the gateway buildings to the Agrarian District of the Texas Centennial Exhibition, the Embarcadero is listed as a contributing structure in the Fair Park National Register Historic District. The comprehensive renovation of the Embarcadero was completed in two phases, and included structural stabilization, new mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems, and restoration of the original 1936 color scheme. Most notable were the renovation of a 100-foot-long lobby and reconstruction of one of the most elaborate decorative painting schemes in Fair Park, and restoration of the only remaining exhibit booth from the Texas Centennial Exhibition. The Gebhardt Chili Company exhibit retains its original built-in pecan armoire and front counter, Mexican tile back counter, and a rustic wood beamed ceiling.