Christ Fellowship Church Master Plan
Christ Fellowship Church wanted to re-purpose their existing facilities and expand their campus at 2801 Orchid Drive in McKinney, Texas. In addition, an older Master Plan for the property was evaluated and updated to include an analysis of new building placement, parking and traffic flow along with recommended adjustments to the plan. Design considerations also included:
- Create a welcoming and inviting feel from the street
- Create a place where people in the community want to come
- Create efficient space utilization for all ministry functions
- Create a seamless integration with current common space with obvious way finding for guests
- Create a “WOW Factor” for children and their parents
As part of the proposed expansion, the church was interested in constructing a new facility for approximately 750 children ranging in age from birth to 5th grade for Sunday morning children’s ministry and a week-day preschool. Planning provisions for the building expansion included a new “welcoming” and “inviting” front entrance that connected the new building with the existing facility. In addition, plans included recommendations for the re-purposing of 25,000-30,000 s.f. of existing space that became vacated after the construction of the new Children’s Education building.