Meet Max Nochez. Max graduated from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette with a Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies and a Master’s of Architecture. Max joined the GFF team in 2020 and is a Senior Project Coordinator in the Austin Office. See below to read more about Max!
1. I was born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana where I survived on a healthy diet of crawfish, king cake and beignets, and am also a die-hard Saints fan.
2. My wife Margarita and I are high school sweethearts having been together for 17 years and married for 11 years. We have two outgoing daughters, Penelope and Luna, as well as two dogs, Milah and Marli.
3. I am the son of Hispanic immigrants from El Salvador, am fluent in Spanish and have visited El Salvador along with other Central American countries.
4. Other than living in New Orleans, I have also lived in Lafayette, Dallas and now Austin.
5. Having grown up watching Manchester United I became an avid soccer player and fan. During my time in Dallas I was an FC Dallas fan and will likely be an Austin FC fan.
6. I love to play paintball often, despite the bruises.
7. My favorite outdoor recreational activity is riding my bike, but I also enjoy rock climbing, kayaking, paddle boarding and hiking a trail.
8. I dabble in architectural photography.
9. When I’m not spending time with my family, I’ll either be watching movies like Star Wars and Marvel or playing video games.
10. I have a wide range of musical tastes; my favorite being EDM. I grew up listening to my dad’s vinyl records of 60’s and 70’s music like Bob Marley, Cat Stevens and Al Green. I grew up listening to all types of Hispanic music and am also a fan of contemporary music like pop, hip-hop, rap and rock.