Meet Mariah Trevizo. She attended the University of Kansas where she completed the 5-year Master’s program in Architecture and is now a Team Member in Lawrence Cosby’s studio. When she is not in the office you can find her baking birthday cakes or other tasty treats!
- Born and raised in Kansas City, MO and didn’t live anywhere else until moving here to Dallas. Minus internships in Denver and Paris.
- Throughout college I worked as a baker in a small cupcake shop in Lawrence, so I have some sweet baking skills (pun intended).
- People think I’m crazy for doing this, but during the week I like to get up early
(like 4:30 am, I know crazy) and go for a run to start my day off right. Training for my second half marathon in December!
- I’m a black belt in Karate, so watch out.
- Had the amazing opportunity to spend my last year of school in Paris where I took classes for the first semester and spent the second semester interning at the office of Odile Decq.
- Been to 9 countries and counting! Traveling to Istanbul was probably the most incredible trip I’ve taken so far.
- Best day of my life was taking a trip to Chicago by myself to see my favorite artist, Shakira, live in concert. Walked in with a ticket to a seat in the upper most level and ended up getting a 5th row floor seat!
- Grew up spending most of my summers visiting my family from Chihuahua, Mexico, which is where we got two of my family dogs from. And yes, we brought home a Chihuahua from Chihuahua.
- Got lost in the rainforest in Puerto Rico with my cousin once. We weren’t trusted to go anywhere by ourselves for the rest of that trip….
- Played the violin since I was in Fifth grade, although it’s been a while since I’ve picked it back up.