First Baptist’s highly developed campus occupies several blocks of prime real estate in Downtown Dallas featuring, as its centerpiece, the historic 1894 neo-gothic sanctuary rendered in limestone and red brick. GFF gave form to the congregation’s vision for a new center for fellowship in this project. The 235,000 SF Criswell Center, named for longtime pastor W.A. Criswell, includes a dinner theater to seat 1,200, a chapel for 500, two floors for education, administrative offices, a bookstore, coffee house and a “fellowship mall” as the new front door for the church. Architecturally, the seven-story building mediates the remaining buildings, yet presents a more decidedly glassy and welcoming facade.