In the late 1970’s the Dallas Bar Association acquired and renovated Ross Avenue’s last remaining grand home from the pre-1900 era. The 18,000 SF Belo Mansion occupies a strategic site in Dallas’ Arts District across the street from the Nasher Sculpture Center and the Meyerson Symphony Center. In order to accommodate the high demand for larger and more frequent events at the Belo Mansion, the client required a large ballroom and pre-function lobby, placed atop a four-level below grade parking structure. In accordance with the Arts District Zoning Ordinance, retail space was located along the Flora Street frontage at street level. Architecturally, the pavilion is sensitive to the design of the historic structure without imitation, using limestone, stucco and a slate roof for consistency while a sleek white steel trellis is the new “signature.” GFF Interiors skillfully satisfied the client’s penchant for traditional materials and detailing while subscribing to an aesthetic based on clean, uncluttered furnishings, millwork, and textiles. The Pavilon has become one of the city’s favorite venues for upscale receptions.