This new master plan for First United Methodist Church in Downtown Dallas recaptures a “heart” for the facilities. Originally constructed in 1926, the historic church at Ross and Harwood has been added to and renovated numerous times in the church’s history. The creation of a major gathering space in an original courtyard links together different floor levels and simplifies flow and communications throughout the church. The almost 50,000 SF project included 13,000 SF of new construction and 37,000 SF of renovated space. The skylit atrium space in the center of the facilities will seat approximately 250 for dinners and other gatherings. From this new heart the entire campus complex will be accessible and much more welcoming.